OK, so she made me laugh...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Mahonri, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    This afternoon I'm out cleaning the pool and my wife walks out and admires the pullets free ranging in the back yard and says,

I think all of the chickens should look like those three... well, she was referring to two of my wheaten ameraucanas and my salmon faverolle, thinking all three were the same.

I said so why should they all look like those. "I want all of 'OUR' chickens in the back yard to match"

Go figure... I told my son and he just shook his head and laughed...

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

LOL....I like mine to match too [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Symmetry and color-coordination are very important to us women, you know. [​IMG]

4. boaz

boaz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Woodville, MS
    If you don't have any matching ducks for your pool, we can send you some.

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My chickens don't match. It must be my lack of fashion sense.

6. Jamsoundsgood

Jamsoundsgood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    When I first started looking into chickens I was determined to get only ONE breed; I settled on the speckled sussex. I wanted them all to look the same. [​IMG] Fortunately I had to go to the feed store for something else on a day when all the cute little fuzzybutts where there, with my kids. I was doomed. I came home with over twenty various (and I mean various) cute little babies that my kids picked out. Not one speckled sussex in the bunch. Some day maybe, but for now I have a very colorful, mismatched barnyard.

But my DH knows, that when we build our dreamhouse it better look symmetrical on the outside, or I will leave him! [​IMG]

7. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    I just started chickens this year and have a hard time telling my two barred rocks apart. "Sweetie" is the agressive, opinionated hen, "Runt" is the chick that stayed at half size for the first few months. If I can catch it, that's "Runt". If it gets 'tude, must be "Sweetie". I picked the others all different. Very easy to tell apart! RIR, BO, Red Sex Link? I like the assorted boxes of chocolates too.

8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I think that was a backwards invitation to increase your flock [​IMG]

9. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:I agree 100%, I think she's totally saying she wants more chickens!!! "A handfull of the "pretty" pullets, please!!!"

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  10. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    If you don't have any matching ducks for your pool, we can send you some.

You are a helpful sort [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by