OK, so this embarrassing thing happened.........

chicmom

Dances with Chickens
14 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Strasburg Ohio
First of all, my husband has these really little bantams called Modern Games. They look like little chickens on stilts. A couple of them have gone broody. Here in Ohio, it's still freezing, so we thought, they're tiny, so let's bring Mama and Eunice into the house to hatch in a brooder. So, we collect their eggs and bring the tiny hens indoors. All is well, they're in a nice, perfectly clean brooder, setting on eggs. We give them their privacy.
smile.png

The next day, a man is coming to install a woodburner down in our basement. We're excited because it looks really cool, and it'll help with our heating bills. (We're all electric heat, and our bills is SOOO HIGH.)

So, we leave the basement door unlocked for the man to install the wood burning stove down there. I get home, run downstairs to see how it looks......And PEEEEEEE-EWWWW! WHAT IS THAT AWFUL STENCH????!!!

Well, those tiny broodies evidentally got up to take a poo, which was a huge poo for them, and it literally stunk up the whole basement! ARG! It was gastly!

I told my husband, I'm so embarrassed! That poor man probably thinks we're horrible and our house is stinky! (Um, the broodies are back outside, and if any eggs hatch, it's going to have to be handled by them and mother nature.......)

I never knew that such tiny little broody hens would be SO INCREDIBLY SMELLY! LOL The fellow has one more thing to do because he shorted himself some pipe, so he's coming back, probably tomorrow. At least he will know that our house really doesn't stink!
sickbyc.gif

I built pens in the cellar and moved my light brown leghorn show roosters into the cellar so that their combs would not get frost bitten. The Princess was not pleased but said, "OK." 5 O'clock wake calls were bad enough, but then the guys showed up to install carpet in our son's room. One guy says to my wife, "Hey, that sounds like roosters in your cellar." She replied, "that's because there are." The guy's reply as he nudged his partner, "Just like the Beverly Hill Billies." It was requested that I move the roosters outside post haste.
lol.png

lau.gif
gig.gif
Thank god my broody waits until I take her up outside. Then she lets me know when she's ready to go back downstairs.

Total house chickens right now : 5 chickens and 4 quail.

AC

I just can't believe that all that SMELL came from two turds......Less than the size of a golf ball.......Those little hens are POTENT!
lol.png

I was outside working this afternoon and suddenly there was this awful stench. I finally tracked it down to a broory bantam that had come off the nest for a break. She was in a cage about twenty foot from where I was working! I don't think anything is worse than broody poo!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom