ok so ......vinegar????

It's a chemical reaction in which the acid in vinegar dissolves the calcuim of the egg shell. You can get the same reaction with a cup of coke, but that's a waste of a coke.
wink.png

so i could soak them in coke? hmmm.... i left some in the vinegar for 12 hours that was too long as they started tasting like it. now with coke i wonder if that would be a good thing????......that will be my next experiment....btw it took white vinegar 3 hours to dissolve the shell and made for easy peeling i am definately gonna make some pickled eggs to put up for deer camp...

Has anyone tried vinegar with chicken eggs?

I tried with pheasant eggs and it didn't work well.

With quail eggs 24 hours and the shell is gone.

Peter

I run it thru the diswasher every few weeks with all my glasses in there it makes them all shiney!!! and cleans out the dishwasher of all the calcium buildup

Oh and the coffee pot like to have a cleaning with it every month too!

Quote:
well i got my coturnix eggs to peel great after 3-4 hours no vinegar taste what so ever.. the membrane was left but is was about a 2 second job to peel it off it was a neat trick.....

Quote:
well i got my coturnix eggs to peel great after 3-4 hours no vinegar taste what so ever.. the membrane was left but is was about a 2 second job to peel it off it was a neat trick.....

I've never tried that soon before. Thanks

Still wonder if anyone tried with chicken eggs?

Peter

Quote:

I've never tried that soon before. Thanks

Still wonder if anyone tried with chicken eggs?

Peter

They do it wih hardboiled eggs in school, I forget how long, I wanna say overnight? But they don't then eat them.

Back
Top Bottom