OK So what are these? Polish? Cochin? Polish/Cochin? Sultans?

Wouldn't silkie/cochin mixed make a frizzle? or sizzle? I get confused on those two.
smile.png

I know, the photos ain't that great. They have hair on legs and feet (black feet/legs) and they have something sticking out of their heads, but it don't look like a silkie knot. Kinda looks like a sultan baby knot to me?

How many toes do they have? What color is their skin? Do they have beards/muffs? What kind of comb do they have? Did you buy the chicks from someone or hatch out eggs? Try to get some pics in natural light. Side on and straight head on shots showing the beak and comb would help. You might also want to take pictures of the feet/legs.

AK, I'll get some outside pics tomorrow, the camera works better outside. Go figure!
smile.png
They have 3 toes I believe but I'll confirm that too. I didn't notice the skin color.
smile.png

I hatched eggs I got off ebay. ?

Last edited:
Since you got the eggs off Ebay, what did the listing say you were buying? Does the seller have a listing with the breeds of birds they have? What color were the eggs? Normally, chickens have 4 toes but there are some breeds that have 5. The fifth will look like a spare toe attached to the rear toe. Don't mind all my questions, just trying to narrow things down some.
big_smile.png

The silhouette kind of looks like one of my birds.... not a great picture, but in real life she has the same headdress and feathered feet. She is silkie polish. Supposedly. lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom