OK So what are these? Polish? Cochin? Polish/Cochin? Sultans?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JustAChickenLittle&More, Apr 2, 2011.

1. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    It's hard to tell much at all from the photos, but I would guess Polish and Cochin are part of the mix for sure.

2. Hegatha

Hegatha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Washington
    Possibly Silkie/Cochin

3. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Wouldn't silkie/cochin mixed make a frizzle? or sizzle? I get confused on those two. [​IMG]

4. JustAChickenLittle&More

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    I know, the photos ain't that great. They have hair on legs and feet (black feet/legs) and they have something sticking out of their heads, but it don't look like a silkie knot. Kinda looks like a sultan baby knot to me?

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    How many toes do they have? What color is their skin? Do they have beards/muffs? What kind of comb do they have? Did you buy the chicks from someone or hatch out eggs? Try to get some pics in natural light. Side on and straight head on shots showing the beak and comb would help. You might also want to take pictures of the feet/legs.

6. JustAChickenLittle&More

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    AK, I'll get some outside pics tomorrow, the camera works better outside. Go figure! [​IMG] They have 3 toes I believe but I'll confirm that too. I didn't notice the skin color. [​IMG]

I hatched eggs I got off ebay. ?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  7. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Since you got the eggs off Ebay, what did the listing say you were buying? Does the seller have a listing with the breeds of birds they have? What color were the eggs? Normally, chickens have 4 toes but there are some breeds that have 5. The fifth will look like a spare toe attached to the rear toe. Don't mind all my questions, just trying to narrow things down some.[​IMG]

8. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    The silhouette kind of looks like one of my birds.... not a great picture, but in real life she has the same headdress and feathered feet. She is silkie polish. Supposedly. lol.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  9. JustAChickenLittle&More

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Sweeter, she sure looks a lot like mine, and when the listing said "polish" hatching eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by