Ok this ad irritated me

SarahBeth9394

Songster
11 Years
Aug 23, 2008
This ad was on my freeshare (used to be freecycle) group.

Titled "Papillon in need of good home ASAP"

Carly is a AKC registered Papillon that has been retired from breeding. She is a sable and white with perfect markings and would make a perfect companion. She will come with a sweater, carring bag and a soft sided pet carrier.

Yep there's caring breeder. NOT.
barnie.gif

Quote:
How fast to rush to judgement,
what if this was a rescue dog, taken out of a breeding situation?
what if it came from a shelter under teh same circumstances ?
What if it was a Shelter posting?
what if
what if.

geesh judge not till one knows the whole story.

After being a member of this particular freeshare group for 2 years I do have a good idea of how it works. For this group I would think that any reputable rescue would post under the rescue name or at least would mention that this was a rescue situation. This group regularly posts rescues and they tell the group that this is a rescue situation. There are no shelters here that are no kill rescues and they don't post ads for animals that are about to be euthanized. If it were a rescue they wouldn't be putting ASAP on the ad. Also if it were a shelter it wouldn't come with it's stuff. So I think it is pretty safe to make the call that someone is dumping a dog that no longer breeds. In fact if on the very off chance it is a rescue situation that someone took on and that wasn't mentioned then some BREEDER has dumped a dog because it isn't breedable anymore. So I think it's a pretty sound conclusion. What if my hind end.

Ive often taken in retired breeder dogs and rehomed them. I would state in the add that it was a retired breeder.
Just becouse someone is rehoming a retired breeding dog, doesnt mean they are the ones will used the dog for breeding.
It could a person, not a group rehoming the dog.
In most cases, a breeder just gives the dog away, not anything with it (sweater, carring bag and a soft sided pet carrier)

Different freecycles/freeshares work differently. One I belong to allows animals and another one doesnt.

There are a terrible amount of horrible ads.

How about the one that was giving away their 11 week old puppy because they are now expecting and the husband was worried bout the puppy around the baby. They would be including the puppies shock collar.
he.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif

We rescued a retired breeder and she is the sweetest thing ever. So grateful to have a real home. She didn't even have a name when we got her and had never lived outside of a cage. She walked in circles, was afraid of grass,. and couldn't figure out stairs.

Now she is learning to be a dog.

Back
Top Bottom