1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OK this has never happened to me before.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by flocksalot, Apr 19, 2012.

1. flocksalot

flocksalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Poynette WI
    I was sitting out in the garden and my two Broad Breasted turkey hens, Eva and Gracie, were sitting with me. Gracie climed into my lap for some hugging [​IMG](yes I am a hugger and lover. I'm old and still play with my birds), so I was petting and loving her when George, the Chinese White gander came over. I ignored him until he pinched Eva who was right next to me. I grabbed his neck and pulled him into my lap like I always do when I'm tormenting the snot. At first he tried to get away, but them he mated my leg. [​IMG] Yes, he mated my leg. Saw the tail go down, swish back and forth, and felt my jeans get wet. I was stunned and let him go. He ran a few steps with his little thingy sticking out a bit, put his wings out, and did the stupid noise he makes when he mates one of the geese. Apparently my gander thinks of me as one of his girls. Wait til my husband hears this! Not tonight honey I already got mated by the goose. [​IMG]

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Oh my! That must have been a shock! No flowers, no sweet talk, just wham bam, thank you ma'am.

3. flocksalot

Mar 25, 2011
    Poynette WI
    Well that squawking before he pinched Eva might have been sweet talk in goose language, but I'm less into the noise and more into the quite little noises the turkeys make. [​IMG] Love those turkeys. Still I'm gonna watch my back while weeding the garden from now on least George tries something else.

Didn't realize he was jealous of the turkeys so much and just thought he didn't like them infringing on his territory in the gardens. Makes me think I should let that wild turkey that likes to chase him around do it a bit more. Maybe wild Tommy will mate George and he can see what it feels like. I feel so used. [​IMG]

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    You might want to think about counseling. [​IMG]

5. igotgoosed

igotgoosed Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    North Texas
    [​IMG]

6. dreamcatcherarabians

dreamcatcherarabians Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Stillwater
    [​IMG][​IMG] I had an African Gander who thought I was his property. The first time he came up and told the cat to bugger off I laughed at him. So did the cat, as a matter of fact he even took a swipe at the gander. The gander then pinched the cat and laid into him pretty good and the cat got up and left quickly. I was SHOCKED! That cat never backs down to anyone. Poor Patchy cat! He must have been black and blue, that gander beat him good with his beak. From then on, if Patchy was getting petted and the gander headed this way, Patchy high tailed it outta there and let the gander have my lap. He NEVER mated my leg though, I'd have had him for dinner! He did used to like to grab the handle on my purse so I'd spin in circles and he could "fly". Silly Bird!

7. AreYouLoved

AreYouLoved Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2012
    Norman OKLAHOMA
    LOL! [​IMG]

8. flocksalot

Mar 25, 2011
    Poynette WI
    Well I told my husband. He was like WHAT!!!???? Then he was all about getting rid of the goose. Now I know tomorrow (Saturday) when my husband usually lets the animals all out for me, he's going to be having a chat with that silly gander. Poor Georgie! Guess I better remind my husband not to sit with him in his lap though. I just know he wouldn't be very happy about that.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    With a name like George, anything is possible.

Sourland George

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by