Ok This Idiot Needs Deworming Dosage help!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kimberbach, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Kimberbach

Kimberbach Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2016
    NE Louisiana
    Ok, guys this is my first stab at worming chickens. I am so blasted confused and since I suck at Math I am in a bind.

I just purchased Safeguard for goats..... I know to kill all worms I need to dose at 3-5 days. But how much??? I have 3 Barred Rock Hens, 3 EE pullets (4-5 monthd) and 2 EE staggs (4-5 months).

I havent seen any worms that I am aware of, but I need to get on a worming schedule.

Thanks for any help!
    Kimber

2. Braxton Brigade

Braxton Brigade Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Braxton, Ms
    3cc per gallon in the flocks water, make a fresh batch of it daily and do this for 3-5 days.
    Fendebenzole

Another good schedule to get on is preventing and treating for lice/mites, I recommend Ivermectin Pour-On (for cattle).
    You simply apply it to the skin on the back of their neck (like a dog/cats flea topical flea prevention).
    Dosage is approx. 5 drops for typical LF breeds such as Plymouth rocks, 4 drops if they are younger or smaller(it appears your girls are still young). Bantams dosage is 2-3 drops depending on their size. Re dose after 14 days to kill the parasites offspring.

A syringe without a needle makes dosing the chickens a lot easier

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by