Ok this is a little off topic, but yet in topic. Lol needed to vent a second.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ashley74, Mar 30, 2015.

1. ashley74

ashley74 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2015
    Central Texas
    So my sister in law and I were both tagged in a chicken post. A kid was getting some lovin from his chicken. Anyway, her friend went off on us saying you can't have chickens as pets. And how dare we name them, blahblahblah. Then she posted this, I had to roll my eyes a bit because obviously she doesn't know much of anything.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  2. PapaChaz

PapaChaz Overrun With Chickens

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    LOL

poor thing, I hope this isn't the only part of life she's totally clueless on.

3. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Certainly not my attitude towards chickens but I can see the other side of it. Just think if all farmers fell in love with and named their chickens.
    There are a million different views from a million perspectives and all are valid at least to some degree! To each their own, live and let live. Free country!

1 person likes this.
  4. PapaChaz

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    while I do agree with your sentiments, there's also a lot of difference in a farmer falling in love with and naming all their chickens and a child with a pet getting blasted by some broad who doesn't realize just how much of a pet a chicken can be...... [​IMG]

5. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Yes, I agree with that also. And dummy me, I wasn't sure what "login" from his chicken meant until I just looked at the keyboard and realized "lovin" is what was meant to be typed.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]to myself!

6. PapaChaz

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    I'm out of likes for the day, LOL

I had to read it a few times, but I picked up that 'login' was supposed to be lovin.......the poor woman really has no clue that a chicken can be a pet. Mine will climb my legs and sit in my lap if I'll sit still long enough. Imagine the nerve of them wanting to get in my lap! odds are though, it's because they know if I come in and sit down, it usually means I brought SOMETHING good in with me, LOL amazing how they know that already at 5 and 6 weeks old [​IMG]

7. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    you know, I really try hard at keyboard error deciphering, just off my game today I guess.[​IMG]

8. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Never did figure out how a chicken logs in. I tell ya, they're a lot smarter than we give them credit for! But, chickens can make remarkable pets (with benefits).

9. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

JPB

10. PapaChaz

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    I'd bet they type like I do, hunt and peck......

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by