Ok.. This is the 5th night in a row..

MakNat

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Ky
My 12 week old group has been moved to the main coop. They stayed there in the coop/pen area for the first 2 days. The older chickens free range during the day in the barn where the brooders are. Well now after the 1st 2 days that group started to free range with the older birds and have wound up in the barn. Their brooder is now taken over, so they have been roasting nesx to it on the stall railing. I've caught them now for 5 nights and taken them to the main coop. There is not that many birds in there right now because alot of them are in the breeder coops. How long will this go on? Or, what else couldI do??

Chicky Tocks

Songster
11 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Benton, Arkansas
They're haven't been in the coop long enough to free range. You should keep them locked up in the coop no less than 2 or three weeks before letting them out to range.

Kittymomma

Songster
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Olympia, WA
Yep, I had the same problem when we finished the big coop and moved the girls. I only left them in the new digs for a week and it wasn't long enough. Two weeks later and they went to bed where they were supposed to after a day of scratching around the barnyard.
clap.gif

Top Bottom