Ok, this is weird....

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by chicknmania, Nov 10, 2007.

1. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    How come I can't log out???!!! If I try to log out, I'll get the message that I am, but then I'm not. Ideas? Suggestions? Help???

2. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Uh, hello???? Can anyone help me with this?

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    It's like that mystery switch some people have in their houses that don't seem to be doing anything...

I never log out and yet somehow I keep getting logged out!

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The forum uses cookies on your computer to help you either stay logged in, or log you out.

If you have cookie blocking then that will cause problems.

Also, sometimes cookies just get messed up / confused which is why you may not be able to log off.

Check your profile settings to see if you have it set to always keep you logged into the forum and play around with those settings.

Another interesting thing I've noticed: If you come to the forum via a link from Google or another site you may not be shown as logged in. I don't know why this happens, but if I then open a new browser session and go to the home page I'm showed as logged in.

Those pesky little cookies! Just like cars and computers, when they are working they are great... when they are having issues they are total buggers!

5. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    That's interesting, and thank you. The world of computer stuff totally boggles my mind. :[​IMG]

6. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    I would rather have a Snickerdoodle!!! thanks
    Tink

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by