1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OK, this time my goat kidded. PICS!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by TheBigWRanch, Mar 9, 2007.

1. TheBigWRanch

TheBigWRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    Wenatchee, Washington
    Well, my Nigerian Dwarf goat, Katie had her babies! I wasn't expecting them so soon, she really carries her weight funny, and didn't look fat. I figured it would be almost a month before she had them. She had two blue eyed does, and I've decided to keep both of them. At least these babies turned out better than my doe did yesterday!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    how cute!!

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Too adorable!!![​IMG]
    Mama looks so happy she's smiling!
    How hard is it to keep goats?....oh-oh...never mind, don't answer, I don't want to know!

4. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    They are just adorable! [​IMG]

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    They are so cute, oh my I want a goat! My husband would kill me just hearing that thought. How hard is it to keep them?

6. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    You too, equine chick? [​IMG] Sounds like we could start backyardgoats.com!!
    Those baby goats are just too cute for words, but my DH will have me pushing up daisies if I bring any home![​IMG] Talk about SSS!!![​IMG]

7. momof3

momof3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    They are just too cute! I bet this is the type of goat a man was telling my husband about. He breeds and shows them. He says you have to really bend over to show them. We already have pygmies. My husband thinks the babies will be finding homes. l[​IMG] My children will not allow that. I love the blue eyes.

8. TheBigWRanch

Feb 12, 2007
    Wenatchee, Washington
    Goats are a thousand times easier than a horse. I throw them a flake of alfalfa and some grain each day, clean their stall once a month, and trim their hooves 3 times a year, which isn't hard to do at all. The only thing I don't like is having to disbud the babies, but the vet can always do that if you want to pay for it. A lot of times goats can be as friendly as a dog!

9. bmarshall61

bmarshall61 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    I heard those little ladies give quiet abit of milk for their size, do you ever milk her? How much do the babies weight, I have been told they are 2 -3 pounds when born? Think I just have to have some after seeing those babies.

bmarshall

10. TheBigWRanch

Feb 12, 2007
    Wenatchee, Washington
    Your correct, Nigerians are used for milking, but I've never tried it before. The babies can weigh as little as 1 pound if the mom has a lot of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by