OK, this time my goat kidded. PICS!

TheBigWRanch

Songster
12 Years
Feb 12, 2007
Wenatchee, Washington
Well, my Nigerian Dwarf goat, Katie had her babies! I wasn't expecting them so soon, she really carries her weight funny, and didn't look fat. I figured it would be almost a month before she had them. She had two blue eyed does, and I've decided to keep both of them. At least these babies turned out better than my doe did yesterday!
100_0407.jpg

100_0412.jpg

Too adorable!!!
love.gif

Mama looks so happy she's smiling!
How hard is it to keep goats?....oh-oh...never mind, don't answer, I don't want to know!

You too, equine chick?
lau.gif
Sounds like we could start backyardgoats.com!!
Those baby goats are just too cute for words, but my DH will have me pushing up daisies if I bring any home!
lol.png
Talk about SSS!!!
gig.gif

They are just too cute! I bet this is the type of goat a man was telling my husband about. He breeds and shows them. He says you have to really bend over to show them. We already have pygmies. My husband thinks the babies will be finding homes. l
lau.gif
My children will not allow that. I love the blue eyes.

Goats are a thousand times easier than a horse. I throw them a flake of alfalfa and some grain each day, clean their stall once a month, and trim their hooves 3 times a year, which isn't hard to do at all. The only thing I don't like is having to disbud the babies, but the vet can always do that if you want to pay for it. A lot of times goats can be as friendly as a dog!

I heard those little ladies give quiet abit of milk for their size, do you ever milk her? How much do the babies weight, I have been told they are 2 -3 pounds when born? Think I just have to have some after seeing those babies.

bmarshall

Back
Top Bottom