Ok....time to go out, is this ok?

coop-er

Songster
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
My 10 chicks are a tad over 4 weeks old. They seem to be nearly fully feathered. The dust and smell are causing some raised eyebrows around here. Are these chicks ok to go into my garage? It is not heated, we are in Ohio, so the weather is a crap- shoot 60 degrees one day and freezing the next. I can set them up in dog crates and put the heat lamp on. I can do my best to make shelter from the weather when the door is opened. Is this sufficient? I feel like it's time to make a move, but not to the coop just yet. Any helpful input is appreciated.

if they are fully feathered they should be able to go into the garage they will definitely still need a heat lamp when you make the transition make sure you check on them every once and awhile to make sure that they are doing ok if they are huddling up under the heat lamp they are to cold and if they are avoiding the heat lamp they are to hot try to keep the door closed as much as possible so that they aren't exposed to sudden cold drafts if they are doing good you can take away the heat lamp after a couple weeks then after they adjust to that they should be ready to go to the coop but make sure you check on them a often as possible during this so you can make adjustments to the heat lamp good luck with you chicks.
D.gif

if they are fully feathered they should be able to go into the garage they will definitely still need a heat lamp when you make the transition make sure you check on them every once and awhile to make sure that they are doing ok if they are huddling up under the heat lamp they are to cold and if they are avoiding the heat lamp they are to hot try to keep the door closed as much as possible so that they aren't exposed to sudden cold drafts if they are doing good you can take away the heat lamp after a couple weeks then after they adjust to that they should be ready to go to the coop but make sure you check on them a often as possible during this so you can make adjustments to the heat lamp good luck with you chicks.:cd

Thank you....anything else I should watch for? Should I add Vita pak to their water for an extra boost?

i have never added anything to my chicks water i would just see how they do and if they are doing but that is your choice to add a boost or not.

Back
Top Bottom