OK-Trying this again! Please HELP is Kentucky a hen or a roo???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by H2Momma, Jul 27, 2011.

1. H2Momma

H2Momma Out Of The Brooder

Howdy!

Please help! I bought four 5 week old hens from a reputible breeder and was told they were all hens. Well, one of my hens has started crowing and is now trying to mount my other girls :-( My beloved Kentucky has me concerned that she might be a he. She is a Light Sussex about 4 months old now and does not have spurs. I am currently unable to download pics, cause I'm a newbie on the site. I've created a link that I'm hoping will show her in all her glory. PLEASE, click the link and tell me my baby girl is really a girl!!!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/garrett09_2007/Kentucky 2011/

Thanks!
    Cathy

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Oh dear. Sorry but Kentucky does appear to be a boy....

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Boy [​IMG]

4. H2Momma

NOOOOOOO.......... Well, who wants a chicken dinner tonight? Baahaahaa!!!!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Definitely a handsome cockeral. No way to keep him or swap back to the breeder?

6. H2Momma

I just left the breeder a message....... there is absolutely no way I could ever, ever eat one of my babies! But so much for the little crown she was gonna wear and painting her toes! Now here's a question, if I return my 2 roos, should I get older hens? Younger hens? Will they have to seperated? Can I just throw them all together right away? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, since I am now an addict!

Cathy

7. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    I would try to get some about the same age as you hens if possible. I would also separate them to begin with. Let them get use to each other before putting them together.

8. H2Momma

OK, thanks for everyone's help...... gonna have to cry in my beer tonight! 3 months of love, meal worms, crickets, grapes, tomatoes, watermelon and hard boiled eggs, all for nuthin! BooHooHoo

Cathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by