ok very upsetting news tonight *warning huge rant ahead*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sky68ou1, Nov 18, 2009.

1. sky68ou1

sky68ou1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    ok so we got in bed early tonight thinking we would actually get a bit of sleep. shortly after dozing off we got a phone call (at 9pm). the person called repeatedly until my brother answered it. they asked for my husband. i didnt recognize the name until after my brother hung up. anyhow it was one of the "big guys" at my husbands job. he was calling to inform him that someone who wasnt even HIS boss had put in for him to be laid off!! as of 12-4 he no longer has a job! laid off by someone NOT HIS BOSS!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. A1 Steak Sauce

A1 Steak Sauce Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    Well, if they're not his boss how the heck can they truly lay him off? WTH?!

3. sky68ou1

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    Quote:thats exactly wth im saying!!

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    They give news like that over the phone? thats not right!

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Ouch! My hubbys lay off is coming up too... [​IMG] Hes a sheet metal worker
    at least your hubby got some notice..
    my hubbys job tells them on a Friday that they are laid off....then thats it..
    Sorry about everything.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  6. sky68ou1

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    Quote:tell me about it!

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I would still be going in until the 'Boss' tells me otherwise.

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    This is strange. Calling someone at late at night at home to tell them that they will be laid off nearly three weeks from now by someone they don't work for? Sounds like a prank call--especially since they kept calling.

Employers give people notice AT WORK in almost all cases. And unless the boss was also laid off, notification is usually by one's direct boss or by the Human Resources Dept.

9. sky68ou1

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    Quote:yea but the company has been telling him for a year once the changes in the shop were complete he would be hired on "full time". by full time they mean he would have a better position there. why they use full time for that i dont know. now suddenly they let someone who isnt even his boss lay him off for NO REASON none the less. which isnt against the laws here.

10. sky68ou1

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    Quote:nope not a prank he called his true boss and he confirmed its true. and even said that he wasnt even involved in the meeting!! how the ^*&(!?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by