1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ok..wait..... Could he be in Love with the DOG??

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Bleenie, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have just been shrugging this off as Lewis trying to keep Scarlet, our Rottweiler, away from the babies on the porch but today I opened the door to find Scarlet laying on her dog bed and Lewis nestled next to her???

Then when i said "what are you doign Lewis?" he started hunchng his neck over the top of her head and making his short, half-honking noises... while 'side staring' me.... Scarlet followed me off the porch and Lewis followed her.

What a weirdo!? Could he really be in love with the dog instead of being wicked over the babies? or maybe he's just all confused and wants both! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Clearly seeing the babies has stirred something deep inside Lewis. He has seen the babies and wants some of his own. With Scarlet he will start a family worthy of carrying on his lineage.

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Rottweiler Pilgrim babies.... would rather not see what those might look like! [​IMG] Oh well... I guess he likes fuller figured girls, not cute little ones like Izzy. I see a new goose pen in the future [​IMG]

4. queenbeezz

queenbeezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Orlando
    Geese are very social. Maybe he is lonely.

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Pilgweilers? Scary.

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have a goose hen, i bought him because she lost her mate. they were fine for a little while, until Lewis discovered the babies in the brooder, then a few days later he was stuck to Scarlet(the Rottweiler) like glue. anywhere she goes he's right behind her and if he can't figure out how to get where she is he waits for her to come back so he can follow her again... it's very strange!

Quote:

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

chickensducks&agoose :

Pilgweilers? Scary.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Ashmeade

Ashmeade Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Quote:SNORT! THAT is hilarious! [​IMG][​IMG]

9. bel

bel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    East bay
    Poor goose hen, just gets a new guy and some "other word for female dog" steals him away.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  10. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

How is your pen for your muscovies set up like Bleenie?

What do you use for nestboxes and also what is the demisnations of your pen?

Also what colors do you have in your flock of musocies.

Also you have some nice and pretty muscovies did you raise them or did you buy them?

I have had muscovies for 3 years.

Thanks, Bleenie

Could you please tell Bleenie to post me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by