Ok, what breed is this little guy....?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dinos_rock, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    This is my little chick. I don't know what kind it is. I just got it from the feed store, so I have no idea what it could possibly be. Here are some pics of it. Also, I don't know if it is too early to tell, but does it look like a roo or a hen?

Here is it on Day 1
    [​IMG]

I don't know how old it is here but it was a couple weeks later.
    [​IMG]

This is what it looks like now (about 5-7 weeks old) Sorry, it is a little blurry! It moved its head while I was trying to take its picture!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See how it's tail goes up? (Don't know if that changes anything...)
    [​IMG]

Here is my other chick and this chick together. They are such good little buddies! The black one always walks around and this chick follows it around.
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know if the black one is a roo or a hen? I don't know if it is too early to tell. I think it is a black frizzle cochin. Am I right?
    [​IMG]

2. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    the chick is a silver phoenix, no doubt what so ever! lucky you! and it looks like a little girl!
    -Sarah

3. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I was hoping it was a hen![​IMG] I can't keep roos because I live in the city. I am glad it is a silver phoenix....

4. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Does anyone know if Sammy (Black Chick) is a roo or a hen? It sure does have a huge comb! But maybe it is just a hen with a large comb.....who knows.....

5. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I just now noticed that in the picture with the silver phoenix chick's tail up, my dogs nose is in the bottom left corner. Silly dog....[​IMG]

6. nick101

nick101 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2007
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  7. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    It's a Silver duckwing old english game bantam pullet. Phoenix have dark legs, and it would be bigger up against the frizzle if it were a phoenix, Given they are the same age

8. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Sammy looks like a deffinate roo. Sorry [​IMG]

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:AGREED!

And I say the Frizzle is a cockeral.

10. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Oh, man......I am definetly sad that Sammy is most likely a roo.[​IMG] I was thinking that myself, that is why I named him Sammy (Sammy can be a boy or a girl name)....I can give Sammy back to my dad, because I "borrowed" both these chicks from my dad (I was originally going to take just the other chick, but I didn't want her to be lonely so I took Sammy too), but I wanted to keep Sammy too because those little frizzle chicks are hard to resist![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by