Ok what do YOU think ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gertiie, Apr 20, 2011.

1. gertiie

gertiie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    Last week, I went to TSC , wanted only 4 chicks, but since the 6 chick minimum, 6 came home with me.
    Had one weak one, and the DH and I discussed if we lose her, we would not replace her. He agreed.
    Well we lost the weak one. ( I have not named them, because I cannot tell them apart ! ) So I am in town and
    call him" I think I want to go out to TSC and see if they will sell me one. I think I am going to look at the other one ( ISA Brown)
    and be sad, knowing one was lost. He said ok [​IMG] So, I went and explained to them that I lost one and just wanted to buy one
    to replace. So he said ok, and told the cashier to penny it out, so the chick was out of the system. So , the new one is the first to
    be named, Penny, because that is all she cost me. But the man said it could be a ISA Brown , it could be a RIR.
    The first one I bought last week I was told is a ISA. They are the same size, I had them catch me a larger one left over from last week
    but the new ones feathers are longer and markings on back are different. What do YOU think ?
    Last weeks chick, " ISA Brown"
    [​IMG]

Today's chick, Penny
    [​IMG]

2. Penny looks like my RSL's from last year. she is definitly older than the other one. by at least 4 -5 days.

3. ChicknManCNY

ChicknManCNY Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    It looks alot like my golden comet chicks but this is my first year at raising chicks so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in

4. that's two of us that agree! (RSL, Golden Comet basically same thing)

5. gertiie

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    Fishnet ? RSL ?

6. Red Sex Link

oh.. sorry, it took me forever to figure those out too. I still only know half of the accronyms. [​IMG] [​IMG] If it is one of these two, they are GREAT layers and very friendly. I have 9 of them I got from TSC last april. you will love them.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  7. ChicknManCNY

Mar 13, 2011
    Lol we must have been writing at the same time!

8. ohhhhhh scarrryyyyyyyyyyy... [​IMG] [​IMG] and we both have RSL.........do de do doooooo (theme from the twighlight zone)

9. gertiie

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    Ok well thanks ! At least it will be a red something ! lol
    I am sitting here watching them, one of the BSL (!!) [​IMG] just started burying herself in the sawdust and it dusting herself !
    Totally hilarious [​IMG]
    I also stopped at Goodwill and for 75 cents got a long narrow wood decorative crate thing for a baby perch ! I love bargains.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  10. ChicknManCNY

Mar 13, 2011
    I think a love of bargains is a must for chicken raising lol. Last night I sat a the side of my brooder and watchd my 30 chicks for over an hour. It's incredible how entertaining they can be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by