Ok, what is happening with my eggs, need answers

Everlong

Chirping
May 17, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
So about a month and a half my quail stopped laying eggs, well out of 4, 3 did. My quail changed their feathers etc. Nothing changed in the environment except light-associated with the season. I installed a 100w solar panel with a 7w led flood light to supplement.
I still get one egg a day. ***? yes, I know, change of season, environment ....but how come, one keeps laying everyday????

no idea, I think its from the same hen. When other were laying eggs were different sizes. Now they are very similar looking size/color wise.
Still getting one. No idea what went wrong.

The speckled pattern on the egg is roughly the same from the same hen (or so I've heard). I would try a full spectrum light bulb to see if it makes a difference and extend a day from the early morning so that the quail experience a natural sunset. Also make sure they are getting at least 14 hours of light.

Well, got 3 today, first time in like 3 months. You can see the two on the right side are "different". I think my solar setup works ;)

I forget how many hours of light quail need for egg laying but im sure its 13-16 hours to inhibit egg laying. I have mine on a sensor for about 15-16 hours a day and almost all my quails still lay

Back
Top Bottom