Ok, what is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Anjeey, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Anjeey

Anjeey Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2010
    Ok, so as you all know I am a chicken n00b. I originally thought Estelle was a Golden Campine - but now I realize that she is developing features that are not Campine like. She's getting too big for one. Her face is hawkish almost and her comb is still really small.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what she could be? I am half tempted to say EE right now - but I'm really just guessing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] - here she is next to my Barred Rock for size comparison.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] - They're all about 13 weeks now. She is beginning to show signs of dominance. Nothing major just slight challenging here and there to the other chickens.

Ok, so what is she? :d

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks. [​IMG]

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    That was what I thought too! I don't know anything about Campines but she looks EE to me.

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have EEs and Golden Campines. She looks like a beautiful EE to me.

4. Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick

Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Kalkaska, Michigan
    Our beautiful EE Francine looks just like her. [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    EE and very pretty

6. Anjeey

Anjeey Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2010
    Ya, she is pretty. I picked her out of the bunch because she was the only speckly brown one there. So, seems the majority vote goes to EE. Does that mean she will lay bluish eggs? That'd be pretty cool.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Also, do EE's act kind of bossy on average? She seems to have more of an attitude than the others.

7. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I have 2 EEs with her coloring and they both lay green eggs. I don't think you can really predict what color they'll lay, though. Could be green, blue, brown, pink...it'll be a fun surprise!

8. LALASD4

LALASD4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Yours look the same as one of mine that had just started to lay very small light brown eggs, my barred rocks are starting to get bigger than she is but she is still the most aggressive one.[​IMG]

9. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Quote:What I've heard (and found to be true) is that with EEs and EE crosses you can usually tell by the comb what color eggs they'll lay. Single comb=brown eggs, and pea comb=blue or green eggs. I can't tell for sure from the pics, but I think she has a single comb.

10. chicken wild

chicken wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Franklin Ga
    looks like an EE to me cool bird.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by