ok what is the world

Deviant

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
Fluvanna
I had 7 hens and two roos. I can home tonight and found I have only two hens left. Feathers every where over in the run and the coop. One roo and one hen is missing I found 2 hens in the run and their heads where gone and 3 in the coop two of there heads was gone and the other hen was in a nesting box looks like she was sleeping that made me start to cry.

The two that I still have are in the basement tonight, but the two that are missing where could they be? There is nothing that looks something got in the coop or run at all. :'(

I have limited experance but that sounds like dogs to me , Im shure someone who knows more will answer soon though. If they are still alive they may have just tried to get away can you stand on a porch or somthing with a light and call to them as it getts darker and see if they will come to you for safety. Im so sorry for your loss. There arnt any holes in the wire? The door wasnt open? How about a hole where they could have dug under?

Sounds like raccoons. Coons eat chicken heads and leave the bodies. Keep in mind that a grown chicken continues to move and flap about even after their heads are gone. The coon can pull a chicken head through a very small space.

no there was no holes and no holes under. I have bird net on top of the run and hardware cloth two feet up and one foot out. the doors are all locked. The only thing i can think of is weasels. I just don't understand it. No holes any where.

it was a coon
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom