1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OK What Kinda crazy egg is this? Pictures included

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GhostRider65, Oct 1, 2011.

1. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    My White Rock hen, Ms Prissy approximately 6 months old, from my first babies Born March 25th Layed the strangest egg today.
    What's going on ? did it get stuck in the oviduct? is she getting too much calcium? not enough something..what?????? I'm very worried about her, its also a huge egg never got 1 this size from her before. most likely looks to be a double yoker. I gave them a bunch of cooked egg shells a few days ago, after making a dozen into egg salad, would that have caused this? They woofed em down in a very short time, and usually don't eat much of the oyster shell, they are getting my own mix, of a scoop of chick food, have 17 week olds with them now who are starting to lay , a meat bird feed 1 scoop, layer 2 scoops, and there corn/wild bird 1 scoop. They also get treats of kale/cabbage/ swiss chard/ tomatoes, ect what ever scraps I have from the kitchen like tonight it was some spaghetti noodles. Experts Help !!!!!!! I don't want her to get plugged up, can I do anything to stop it from happening? TY Kim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pipsmom

pipsmom Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    MA
    Looks like just one of those strange pullet eggs that you get when they first start laying. I got a water balloon from one of mine today after she had been laying perfect eggs for a couple of weeks. I'm sure the next ones will be better.
    Sandy

3. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    Ty for the info I sure hope that's all it is. Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by