Ok, who layed that egg and who the heck are you???

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Dec 16, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've gotten a white egg out of the trough nest for the last 4 days, I only have one white egg layer and that is Duchess,, she lays her egg every day in HER nest and that is that. So where did the other white egg come from? We got a clue last night! We got home late so it was dark and the birds ate late... All the tree chickens came leaping out of the tree to eat, except for one tan colored chicken butt that I thought was Duchess,, then I realized Duchess and her baby DB (Duchess' Baby) were eating out of their hanging bird feeder so that couldn't be her! Up in the tree all by itself was Duchess' twin! I don't know where she came from or how long she's been hanging around because you can't tell them apart and they've never been next to each other or I would have thought I was having vision problems!
    Duchess is the hen that walked down the road last year and into the yard and stayed,, I guess this one probably came from wherever Duchess came from.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Now that is just too cool. Maybe Nugget sent her.

3. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    like they say.. the grass is always greener .. at your house lol

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

That is tooooo funny! Maybe they both came at the same time, and you just now noticed there are two! So, what is Duchess' twin sister's name gonna be?

Actress Keira Knightley stars as Georgiana Spenser, the Duchess of Devonshire., in the movie, "Duchess." There's a couple names you may consider???

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    No she hasn't been here that long lol! She was here tonight though, so she'll get a name sometime soon! Maybe Devon?

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

What a fantastic surprise - a hen!

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Yep, just collected the afternoon eggs and there was a white egg in the trough with the Sissie's eggs!

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    KATE... we want a pic!! Of Duchess and her twin.

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm going to try and get one of them together, I've never seen the one until last night so I don't even know how long she's been hanging around! After Friday I'm off for 2 weeks,,, I'm going to stalk the hens with a camera! ehehehheheheh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by