1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Okapi the goat questions about this doe .. *pics*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jarvis, Mar 31, 2012.

1. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    i bought her as a pygmy doe .. she is bred but only a couple months along

she was real matted when i got her .. so i wormed her and once it got warm i brushed her out .. her coat looks weird and choppy .. could this be lack of something? shes had her vacinations .. and has free choice salt and mineral licks .. (just the kind you buy at the feed store doesnt say specifically for goats ..)

when you go to grab her and shes not expecting it .. she .. has .. a ceasure ? she shakes and falls over .. then jumps up like i t never happened and continues with whatever we were doing .. =/

it isnt quite like the fainting goats do .. but maybe she is a cross ??

shes really sweet ... i love her to death .. but im worried about her being bred ... she had a bag sorta when i got her so she isnt a maiden ... so hopefully she will be ok .. the Ceasure /myotonic thing freaks me out tho.. and her coat being weird .. as well .. thanks for any help .. =)\

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    is she extra itchy?? looks like it could be lice to me?

is she a bit thin?

lice can kill goats, you can get a spray on delouser for pretty cheap. spray her down every 10 days , for a moonth, should get them gone!

3. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    there are no lice on her just flaky skin .. ? they rub on the chain link kennel but i think they do that only when they want attention lol

4. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    the other two girls are completly fine as well .... ?

5. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    You could try shaving her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by