1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Okay, 1 last question about a biz name then I'll quit bugging everyone

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chellester, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Yesterday I asked for some opinions on my business model and got a great response! Thanks again to everyone to took the time to reply.

I have one more quick question then I'll quit with the biz questions and get back to chicken talk, I promise! [​IMG]

As far as my what to name my business, I got mixed responses, so I decided to try to come up with a more serious sounding name than Geek Girl Design.

I thought about using my initials and doing something like JMB Tech, and really liked how that sounded, but someone is already using that name. Then I thought about spelling out the initials, like Jayembe Tech.

So my question is: how do you like that biz name: Jayembe Tech?

2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Sounds vaguely African to me but unless you somehow mind some people getting that sort of impression, I think it's a really good name -- distinctive and pronounceable [​IMG] And much more memorable than "JMB", to my mind. I have a terrible lot of trouble remembering arbitrary acronyms, and I'm probably not alone. "Now who was it that Larry was recommending I call... JBM? MBJ? XYZ? I have no idea." [​IMG]

Good luck to you!,

Pat

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  3. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Thanks for your input Pat! [​IMG] I thought it sounded somewhat east Indian myself, but it doesn't bother me either way.

Anyone else have any thoughts about it? Love it? Hate it? Just tell me something so I'll shut up and go away? [​IMG]

4. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    sounds african to me too. muchos better than letters! rememberable. i like geek girl too.

5. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Thanks beefy! [​IMG] I really liked Geek Girl Tech as well, but a couple of people suggested it makes it sound like a teenager was running the business and it didn't sound professional, and I have to agree. I still like it though darn it all!!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    it just sounds like you have a sense of humor about yourself to me. how about Geek Lady Tech. lol?

7. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:LOL I love it!!! Maybe if I named it Geek Mid-Life-Crisis Tech or Geek Menopause Tech it would sound more mature and professional. [​IMG]

8. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    yes those certainly sound more mature.

HEY! are you fat? you could call it "My Big Fat Geek Webdesign"

9. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Heck, how about just 'The Geek Lady'? Sounds mature and confident to me. Certainly more breezy and casual than 'Jayembe', but it just depends what you're going for.

Of course, The Geek Lady may already be taken, as a business name [​IMG]

(e.t.a., on further thought, that The Geek Lady would seem to allow for a small amount of uncertainty as to whether you work with computers or maybe just eat live rats in a sideshow exhibit [​IMG])

GOod luck,

Pat

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  10. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    LOL at "My Big Fat Geek Webdesign" and "The Geek Lady".

I just thought of a new one: "Geek Goddess Web Design"

Just for fun, I just Googled them all:

My Big Fat Geek Wedding comes up as a Simpsons episode; Geek Lady is a bunch of personal pages for geek gals like myself; and someone is already working under "Geek Goddess Web Design."

Okay, I'm officially turning this thread into "Name My Business For Me Because My Geek Brain Is Not Creative Enough To Do It." [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by