1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Okay, A Few More Silkie Situations Pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Nov 17, 2007.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    My DH and I had fun this morning getting everyone rearranged. DH likes that part best. He worked hard. Here are the Blacks all down on the ground now and with the black Roo. Anyone need eggs?

[​IMG]
    Taking a Bath in New water dish. Ha ha. I may have to downsize the bowl.

[​IMG]

Whooo HOO Dirt. Haven't seen that in a while

[​IMG]

Baby takes a bow
    [​IMG]
    Can you tell I love these girls. They are so sweet. come right to me. Love to be petted.
    White Roo. He is about to finish a moult. The hens still look yukky.[​IMG]
    Young Buff Cockreral in with some buff hens from Lydia Webb. If I don't get anything I like out of this breeding the hens are going. I also have a buff Splash in there. She turns out great looking chicks. I am working on a buff splash color. She throws Buff white chicks.

[​IMG]
    Okay I will stop for now unless someone wants to see splash and blue. Julie in Al

2. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SPLASH AND BLUE!!! THANKS!

3. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    What a great fuzzy group you have there. I want blacks and some more buffs next. I think black silkies are just so amazing looking. The buffs look like puppy dogs.

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Okay Alex, here is a dark blue Roo in with Splash hens to help lighten color in offspring

[​IMG]

I will have to do more pics later when I get back from Church

[​IMG]

The blacks have become a favorite of mine to.

5. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    they look wonderful (thank you!!!)

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Those buffs look like they are plotting to kill PurpleChicken! [​IMG]

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Carri now that is funny. Haaa Haaaa Hee heeeee.

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    You seem to have many splash silkies....i wish you would go look at my pics i posted earlier tonight trying to get opinions on the sex of them. The tails look like roo's on the splash's. I wonder if you have any girls with such full tails....or are they all boys? I'd love to hear your view.

9. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Lurky, I will be glad to look. these girl usually have big tushes but they haven't come out of moult yet.

Here is one of them not molting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sorry the first splash here is a cockeral. The second one is a pullet. They are the same age and you can see a slight comb on male and streamers and bushier tail and diference in stance.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by