Okay...anyone else gonna give or collect Chicken Ornaments for Xmas?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by leasmom, Nov 19, 2008.

1. leasmom

leasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    I used to have a set of what I called my Xmas Chicken ornaments...my daughter and two neices widdled them down to three of them...and I am a ornament fanatic...so here I am looking up chicken ornaments to give and buy for our tree.

Am I the only one? Does anyone make them or have a good website...or is your kitchen or home covered in chicken items???

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    I can't remember who [​IMG]

But someone on here posted pics of chicken ornaments there dh bought them at Hobby Lobby just in the last month or two.
    I think the thread title was guess what i got today or what dh got me today, something like that [​IMG]

Anyway, have you checked Hobby Lobby?

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I bought these egg ornaments at Michaels Craft store this week!
    I do collect farm and chicken ornaments! I find a lot of my chicken ornaments at Christmas tree farms if it is one with a gift shop. They usually have the best ones! My kitchen is all chickens! I will take some pictures later and post them....I have chickens all over!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    SmithandHawken.com has four hens in a nest (individuals) that are on sale now. I paid the 34.95 plus shipping for them cause I HAD to have them. They are now 27.95. I got them the other day! Real cute.

5. leasmom

leasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Those ornaments are beautiful!!! My family thought I was crazy for having chicken ornaments and now that I have chickens, it'll make more sense and I really would love to have different ones now...my house is cow...from the kitchen on is cow because my daughter's nickname is Moo-Moo...but my mother who bought all of these cow things is now buying chicken stuff so its just a matter of time before the whole house is chicken!

Here's a picture of my Christmas Chickens!

[​IMG]

Like I said, I had about 8 of them with different clothes on etc. and my daughter and nieces made most of them disappear...but I still have two or three!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by