1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Okay curiosity has gotten the better of me :-)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by slayv4petz, Oct 9, 2014.

1. slayv4petz

slayv4petz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Hello everyone, another newbie has joined, to be honest I wasn't sure if I should post under new member introduction or here, so I opted for here.

This is Charlie, to be honest I'm not sure what he is besides a spaz, we're having a small dispute on who is the top roo ;-)
    Besides Charlie (recently purchased), we have 8 other chickens, couldn't tell ya what they are (crs) my husband recently as well, brought the 8 home plus a duck to add to 4 we already have.
    So anyone care to guess what Charlie is?
    (Edited to add another pic)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Since the bottom of his feet are yellow, that rules out a Black Australorp. Could be an Australorp mix, though, or a Jersey Giant. Whatever he is, beautiful rooster!

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

4. slayv4petz

Oct 7, 2014
    Wow! You guys are fast lol, I was coming back here to edit my original post and ask a question.
    So here goes, since my husband was originally *only* getting a hen and her 2 babies, but came home with 8 plus a duck, would it be fair to say that *chicken math* was involved? Lol

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    With the yellow bottoms of the feet, I'd say Charlie is a Jersey Giant rooster.

6. slayv4petz

Oct 7, 2014
    Thank you guys so much! I did add another pic, because to my eyes one foot looks pinkish and other looks yellow, hence the question about his breed, I was told when I purchased him that he is a giant, but wasn't so sure lol, either way he's a keeper, besides the fact that I've named him

7. slayv4petz

Oct 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    We welcome your husband to the dark side!

9. slayv4petz

Oct 7, 2014
    LoL!! When I explained what I had learned here about *chicken math*, his response was "well you were with me" that I was lol

10. slayv4petz

Oct 7, 2014
    Charlie's walk of shame lol

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by