Okay - egg people - this is what I am planing to order 4 the hubby..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gavinandallison, Nov 29, 2010.

1. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Little Giant Egg Incubator Combo KitIncubator
    1 x Little Giant Egg Incubator with Circulated Air Fan Kit $ 0.00
    Choose an Egg Turner (1st option included in price)
    1 x Little Giant Automatic Egg Turner 6300 $ 0.00
    Choose a Thermometer (1st option included in price)
    1 x Digital Thermometer Hygrometer with Min/Max Memory $ 0.00
    Would you like your Fan Kit Installed?
    Yes

2. gavinandallison

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    If of course you all think it is a good one for him ( First time chicken people ) .. Personally I would prefer to buy my chickens already born , with our luck we will get 10 out of 12 roosters ...

Is there anything else I should order - I went to the incubator warehouse as suggested

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

You will need a nice bright flashlight to candle with. When you hold it up and place your palm on the light, you should be able to see some veins in your hand.

I myself am very happy with my Brinsea Mini Advance. It will only hold 7 eggs, though.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Personally I would stay away from the Little Giant. There are all kinds of horror stories about bad hatches with that bator. [​IMG]

5. gavinandallison

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    gosh I hope it does not do more than 7 at a time .. the incubator web site does not show that brand ... maybe I should shopping awhile longer ...

6. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    My LG does okay with my own eggs. If I have shipped eggs it has varied results. It takes some tweaking and getting used to but it is do-able and okay for a first incubator hatcher. I put some holes in the sides of mine with aquarium tubing and a large syringe for humidity and added a fan and automatic turner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    The Brinsea website was having a sale on the Eco 20's for around 99.00. I'd get that one with the turner. Which I think was also on sale.
    It's supposed to have really good temp control.
    Just my humble opinion...
    They have higher end models (digital readouts etc), but I suggested this one in case you needed to watch your pennies.
    Great gift idea!

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, please order a Brinsea incubator!

Www.brinsea.com

I have two miniAdvance models, two MiniAdvance EX models, and three Octagon20 Advance EX models.

My very first was the MiniAdvance, and it holds 7 eggs. Eggscellent incubator for a newbie!

It's nearly fool-proof. The EX models are STUPID proof.

(I am not a salesperson for the company, nor do I get any "kickback" - I just really swear by the products and customer service.)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  9. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    I recommend the hova bator gneneiss (not sure how to spell that?) for a first timer. You'll be hatching a LOT more after you've hatched once... oh god...

10. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by