Okay experts, what are we? Picture heavy

Miss Red

Songster
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Trinity, Texas
I ordered the end of the day special from Ideal Poultry and have only figured out a few of the breeds sent to me. One that I DONT have pictured is a black legged, solid black pullet with what seems to be a rose comb. She's got the shape of a black leghorn, but has a rose comb? Oh, and I have one FLUFFY pullet that has a brown/gold body and a black head dress. Her feet are white/yellow... I don't think I got one of her but I can if needed.

The best I can figure is the red ones are New Hampshires or maybe Productions? I think I have one buff orp pullet, but I know I have three buff orp cockerals that they sent with my guineas and they look totally different... If I can figure out what these tame girls are, then I should be able to figure out the rest...

I have SEVERAL that look like this one. Basically all white with some black patches at the base of their necks and black on the wings. They dont all have the same leg color though, two of them have an off green colored legs. { and if all the green leggers are EE's then I was sent 12 EE chicks }

CIMG0316.jpg

CIMG0320.jpg

This is Gary, I have a few pullets that look similar to him but they don't seem to have the lacing he does... I can get a better picture of him, I didn't realize when I took it that it was so blurry.

CIMG0321.jpg

Here are some pictures of Tracy and Nina, the very friendly and quite obnoxious red girls. Compared to the combs on some of the others like them, I'm saing girls anyways.

Tracy is a production red? Maybe?
CIMG0327.jpg

CIMG0326.jpg

CIMG0325.jpg

Heres the two girls together, Tracy is in the back. Nina [black stripes on neck] is up front and a very fluffy girl.
CIMG0334.jpg

CIMG0333.jpg

Nina [her legs are actually pinkish, my phone just doesn't agree to do natural colors.]
CIMG0329.jpg

CIMG0330.jpg

CIMG0328.jpg

EE? She/he's got very small muffs but no beard - white in second picture a leghorn or?
CIMG0341.jpg

CIMG0340.jpg

These little guys and Nina look just alike, only they have grey/green legs and hers are pink.Oh, and Nina looks like a dark Brahma without feathered legs to me...
CIMG0338.jpg

CIMG0337.jpg

CIMG0336.jpg

Here is a group shot of some of the 'red birds' and some of the black and white birds
CIMG0342.jpg

This is one of the pullets that looks like Gary... I have one exactly OPPOSITE of her coloring as well.
CIMG0348.jpg

CIMG0347.jpg

Another group shot of some sunbathers...
CIMG0350.jpg

CIMG0349.jpg

The first white ones are Delawares.

The second, black and brown one - not sure, really.

The third red ones - do they have yellow feet? They are either production reds or poorly colored New Hampshires.

The rest with green legs or muffs/beard are all Easter Eggers.

Quote:
I am not sure about about all the ones with green legs or muffs/beard being EE's, they look like they have a straight comb instead of a pea comb in the picture. I know some EE's may have straight combs but I don't think they all would, I am wondering if they could be something different. I put my EE hens with a FBCM roo to get first gen olive eggers and all 11 eggs hatched. Out of the 11 I have 1 straight comb and one modified pea comb, the rest are pea.

Quote:
Can't see the legs on the first one and the second one, the legs look too dark to be Delaware. They need to be a nice yellow color..no greenish tint. Might be crosses.

Quote:
I am not sure about about all the ones with green legs or muffs/beard being EE's, they look like they have a straight comb instead of a pea comb in the picture. I know some EE's may have straight combs but I don't think they all would, I am wondering if they could be something different. I put my EE hens with a FBCM roo to get first gen olive eggers and all 11 eggs hatched. Out of the 11 I have 1 straight comb and one modified pea comb, the rest are pea.

There are a LOT of hatchery stock EEs out there with single combs - Even mine has a single comb.

Back
Top Bottom