Okay... I made the leap and ordered my chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by allig8r, May 18, 2007.

1. allig8r

allig8r Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm askeerd! But at the same time I'm ecstatic!

[​IMG]

I ordered my coop (my Mother's Day gift--I'm not waiting ANOTHER year for dh to build one) and it will be here in mid-June. It says it has a brooder in it (it's a henspa) but I seriously could NOT wait a minute longer for chicks--so I ordered them to be here after Memorial Day and will just buck up and brooder them in the house like most other normal chick owners (that I see all over these forums).

So we're in. We're expecting 2 Australorps, 2 buff Orpingtons, 2 barred Rocks and 2 RIRs (from MyPetChicken--agreed, customer service is wonderful)

[​IMG]

Wish me luck! [​IMG] I know I'll do way more posting than lurking going forward. Of course, if not for all my lurking, I would probably still be waiting for dh to build a coop and going another year without my chicks!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  2. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Quote:Heeee.. we seem to have that effect on people. [​IMG]
    Congrats on the new babies and welcome to the madness!

3. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

It's so exciting, isn't it! I already have grown pullets, but I ordered some more -they never cease to bring a smile (and you can never have too many [​IMG] well... almost never!)

Good luck and be sure to post lots of pics when they arrive and as they grow! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats on becoming a chicken mom!

5. iopele

iopele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Texas
    Congrats! Can't wait to see your baby pics when they arrive. Don't forget to post some!

6. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Congrats, and welcome to the madness. [​IMG]

7. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I feel the same way. When we bought our first 10 I thought...this is good. Then my hubby went to buy feed at the store and brought home his "5 accidents of not being educated in sex link chickens" chicks. Hence my 5 BSL roo's. So we were up to 15 and that was good. Then the farm store had a "no tax weekend" so the family went to buy some bigger feeders, waterers, dog food, chicken food etc. Of course they had the BSL females, so the family bought 5 more. That now makes 20 and the coop was made to accomodate them.

Why then did I make the mistake of telling my hubby that "someday" I would like to have....... Our order for 25 more chicks [​IMG] will be delivered on the 31 of this month. [​IMG] HMMMM, now to make the coop bigger. [​IMG] Wonder if there is a group for "Chickenholics Anonymous"? [​IMG]

Gratz on the move forward to chickenhood! You won't regret it.

8. allig8r

allig8r Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

I know it's addictive. Before even ordering I upped the ante from "2 or 3" to 8--the max our coop can handle.

I'm already thinking about how many our little half-acre in suburbia will actually handle! tee hee!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by