okay, I think I've got this under control...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by slackwater, May 24, 2010.

1. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    After a concentrated effort this weekend, I re-arranged my flock-lets...I now have the following, from oldest to youngest:

11 laying hens (7 RIR, 2 NHR and 2 BSL) and 2 roos (1 RIR, 1 BSL) in the coop (allowed to free-range)
    7 black JGs (5 pullets, 2 roos?), 3 RIRs (roos) and 1 NHR (pullet) in the "3mo pen"
    6 BLRW (3 pullets, 3 roos), 8 silver CMs (5 pullets, 3 roos) and 1 BLRW/BCM pullet in the "2mo pen"
    4 BLRW, 4 silver CMs, 2 blue Ams and 1 WCB bantam Polish in the tractor (1mo)
    8 mixed home-growns, 2 splash Ams, 1 chocolate bantam Polish and 1 blue frizzle Polish in the brooder (3wks)
    2 bantam Polish (1 chocolate, 1 WCB) and 2 black Ams in the brooder-in-a-brooder (1 week)

32 eggs in the 'bator (GCMs, lavender split Ams, bantam Polish, GL cochins, BBS cochins & mixed home-growns), due to hatch 5/29

Three shipments (total) coming from Nature's Hatchery & MPC (totaling about 60 chickens & a handful of runner ducks)
    and another shipment of hatching eggs (GL cochins & BBS cochins) shipping 1 June.

It is my sincere HOPE that everyone who ordered pullets from me (accounting for most of shipment chicks) will come through and pay for/pick up their orders. Otherwise, I'm going to be swimming in chicks.

What did you all make me do???? [​IMG]

2. loverOFchickens

loverOFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Well there IS a warning on the home page " --WARNING-- The BYC Chicken Forum is VERY addictive! "

So you can't say we didn't warn you [​IMG] .

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] hehehehe....they got you!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by