Okay. I'm done now.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rusty Hills Farm, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    I've broke ice on the stock tanks for 3 mornings in a row now. That's more than enough winter for me! Spring can start any time now.

Let's start a petition to get Spring back here right NOW!

[​IMG]

2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Sounds good to me!

I am tired of breaking up ice in all the outside waterers already! Its going to be a real challenge keeping water for the ducks all Winter.

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    My gosh, you're in Al. This is just a fluke for you, ain't it? Try living in MI!! Or any where north. It's a long cold winter ahead for us! [​IMG] Sorry, you don't get any sympathy from me!! [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Come to Va. My duck buckets had 3 inches of ice on top yesterday. The pools were skating rinks.

5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Ya all are getting sympathy from me. [​IMG]

6. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I'm hauling warm water out everyday to the chickens and ducks. Duck pond has ice, the rain barrels are all iced up (thank fully we dipped water out so they wouldn't crack!) and I keep breaking up ice out of the goat's water so I can re-fill theirs with warm water, too.

7. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    Wyomings being nice for a change. 60s to 70s for highs the last few days. LOVE that for November,real close to breaking records. But every good thing has to end. Today highs in the upper 30s. And chance of show. Oh well,it was nice for a while. Still haven't forgotten January and Febuary of last year. Lows -30 with -50 wind chills. Getting old but haven't lost my memory yet!

8. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Yup, lots of froze water here too. It is going to be a long winter of hauling water.

9. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    It's been down in the 20's for lows here the past 3 days with no relief in site. For my part, I've had enough winter as well!

10. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    getting the sleigh dogs ready....mush miush mush....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by