Okay..... im sucked in ! :P

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Farmer Benjii, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Farmer Benjii

Farmer Benjii Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    Vic, AUS
    I got sucked in to wanting to show chickens.
    I am interested in gold coloured birds or these : Mille Fleur D'uccle, Golden Sebright and Wyandottes
    soooo..... I searched on google images "golden sebright" and found this pic : [​IMG] (where my fantasy sucked me in).... OMG that bird is so small........ I mean can someone help me with find a show quality bred chicken i can buy??? any of the MFD, GS or W

2. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    first step will be to contact your local poultry club....

3. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:i'm just wondering why is that the first step? I just wanted to know because my opinion is different

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Many diffrent ways to get into the chicken game I would say finding quality stock in #1 at least in my opinion espeacially if you are interested in showing.

5. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:I agree

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    nzpouter wrote:
    First step will be to contact your local poultry club....

We all have diffrent opinions but I personally think thats the best, because the secetary will be able (hopefully) to give you a list of the best breeders in your country or state.​

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    oh I didn't realize your from Australia? I saw some awsome Salmon Faverolles listed on an Australian Board look into them I am hopelessly obseased with faverolles [​IMG] I would suggest finding poultry enthusiasts in Australia and getting the right breeders info from them. You will also get tapped into the show circut and learn alot about birds.

8. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    Quote:i'm just wondering why is that the first step? I just wanted to know because my opinion is different

Simple... breeders list.. and if they're breeders and show people then their birds will be bred according to standard of perfection for the breed..... and if #1 is lucky then he/ she'll meet a true fancier whose aim is to better the breed by educating new comers on the do and don'ts of the breed....

What's your opinion?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by