Okay indoor hutch for button quail... Anyone got ideas???

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jfulcher, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I have decided to dedicate a portion of my bedroom to a hutch/coop/wtvr you wanna call it for button quail.... Anyone else do this?... Have pictures of them? I swore I wasn't going to go any farther than my four I have already but... I can't help it!!!! I am addicted!!! It gets too hot for them outside here... And I would imagine 25 F during the winter isn't swell either... So indoor is my choice!!! OH I am also building it!!! I need it to be as cost efficient as possible!!! Don't need it to be purtiful just need it to hold them.... PLEASE FIND ME SOME GOOD COST EFFICIENT PICS PPL!!! TYVM!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on it holding around 5-6 buttons... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    3 10 Gallon Aquariums...1 For Each Pair

Fair Warning... They Stink

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:No place to put them, is a hutch a bad idea with buttons :hmm I have somewhat of an idea.... But not completely... I have a 20x24 "tray" that I was going to use for the bottom of the hutch... Or at least the tray is for a 20x24 piece of photographic paper so it might be bigger than that... I have 3 of these trays.. Wouldn't be hard to combine them if I had to..

4. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
  5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Are they expensive??

6. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    Not sure, never bought one personally. Just seen bunny breeders with them

I think they'd be pretty easy to build if your handy, you could modify a book case or something. Or you could get a second hand one from an ex-rabbit breeder if price was an issue.

You might be able to get the cheaper on your side of the world anyway!

7. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    I have a 3 stacked I bought them from IFA the cages I used were $40 each but they have 24inch ones that are $20 bucks. If you have an IFA near you, you could buy some then you have to buy the things that stack them and I paid around $15 for mine!

8. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    It's possible.. Lemme look real quick.. Don't see IFA.... What is the full name of it??

9. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    It is International Farmers Associtation, sorry thats a hard one to spell [​IMG]

10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I'll look it up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by