Okay last time to burst my pullet bubble :-)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by macbeth, Sep 23, 2011.

1. macbeth

macbeth Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Ok I have hopefully managed to take super pictures showing all the details needed to tell are they roo's or pullets. We were at 3 roo and 1 pullet at the last showing of my not so very good pics. Am I correct in assuming that there is no way that you can keep 3 roo and 1 pullet happily? They wont be entirely free range as we have mink, stoats and foxes creeping about plus our own 4 dogs so they are gonna have an enclosure.

Please let me know what you think......

Picture 1 Roast a pullet at the last verdict and very timid and friendly
    [​IMG]

Picture 2 Popcorn a probably roo at the last verdict...very cheeky.
    [​IMG]

Picture 3 Stripe most def a roo at the last verdict...not as bold as popcorn but the biggest of the bunch and also friendly when you grab him. He gave the dog a peck on the nose last night for licking his lips at them!!
    [​IMG]

Picture 4 is Lucky...maybe a roo maybe a pullet. Not too friendly makes the most out of it when you pick it up. I think it is half hawk as it has that look about it. Not my favourite!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance everyone

[​IMG]

A better picture of Lucky where you can see comb. It is the 1 nearest the camera.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. DanyyChicken

DanyyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southern NH
    I'm going with two BR roos.
    The other two pullets...although I can't really see the comb well on the last one.[​IMG]

3. macbeth

macbeth Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Thank you Danyy...2 of each is better that we thought [​IMG] Still don't think we will manage with 2 roo's though and they are our daughters and would hate to think 1 of them might turn on her at some stage. The 2 boys don't seem to be showing much sign of aggression to each other so far (are they still too young for that) so maybe they have it worked out who is boss.

The novices [​IMG]

4. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Pullet
    Roo
    Roo
    Pullet

They are just adorable!! [​IMG]

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by