Okay making a list.

Flawedatdesign

Chirping
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Dixon Missouri
I set my eggs 3 days ago with a Hatch day of July 14th. Making a list of what needs done so I'm not trying to remember everything plus have a few questions.

1. Make sure Temp is Stable Mine is a straight 100 degrees.

What are the variables allowed in Temp for an average 21 day hatch?

2. I keep my humidity between 45-50%

I need to bump it to about 70% for lockdown on day 18 right?

3. When chicks hatch do I leave them in the incubator untill dry or move them to the brooder?

If successful rinse and repeat right?

Do you have a till air or fan in your incubator? temps are supposed to be a tad warmer ( or so they told me)101.5 for a still air. I have some hatching on the 17th....humidity seems perfect, are you using a turner? If so, I take mine out at the start of lockdown and lay them on the wire. i was concerned that the temp on the wire was lower than where the eggs where ~ 98, so I bumped it up to 100.5 ...put in a wet paper towel to increase humidity, I also had some tubing that I aimed through a hole in the top of the bator and as I needed to increase humidity I could squirt water down to the paper towel. One concern I had, was after the chicks start hatching, they increase the temp and it was up to 102 and they seemed to be panting...do I open the bator to get them out, risking shrink wrapping? or do thay always act this way? or should I just open it a bit to let some heat out? Anyway, lots of fun and VERY addicting..
jumpy.gif

I should have paid attention to all your questions...
hmm.png

I plan on waiting to take them out when all are done, they can last 48 hrs w/out food/ water...and then before my bator is cool, I am cleaning, rinsing, airdrying and warming it up again
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom