Okay maybe these photos can help solve my mystery

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bracedagr8, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Bracedagr8

Bracedagr8 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Bought hese Sunday have no idea of Breed or Age though I am pretty sure she is just beginning to lay. Any educated Guesses??

2. Andulsian i believe, pretty birds,flighty tho, not the best layers, bout 3 a week

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    not an andulsian, they have white ear lobes

4. Bracedagr8

Mar 13, 2012
    Thanks anyone else have an opinion... Beautiful birds whatever they are..

5. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Hrm, this one is tough. She looks like she could be a blue Jersey Giant, but her body-shape is wrong for it..... I would say Blue Australorp.

6. Bracedagr8

Mar 13, 2012
    Are there better angles I could take these pictures at to make them more identifiable...I think these are awesome birds and would like to teach them their heritage....

7. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    Not sure on this one...it looks like it could be a blue australorp...but i am not sure...

8. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    It could be a Jersey Giant/Australorp cross. Australorps are supposed to have pink skin, but you can see the yellowish tinge to the feet on this chicken, meaning it has yellow skin which would line up with possible Jersey Giant heritage. Its body looks too narrow for a full JG, though. What color are the eggs?

9. barnyard betty

barnyard betty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Pic looks like there is a hint of lacing on feathers. Perhaps that's a clue. She is beautiful whatever she is and seems a little lavender to me. Very pretty

10. Bracedagr8

Mar 13, 2012
    The lady said she thought they were hatchery Blue Copper Marans but they lacked some qualities which is why she sold them to me. Brown eggs daily from these two girls

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by