Okay, my first try, please tell me about my set-up.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FrizzleFreak, Apr 24, 2009.

1. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, I've got a crappy little LG that should do the job. I will be hatching 7 eggs, so I've got 3 egg sized water balloons to help absorb heat. We are coaxing the temp down from 108 to 101 (still air) and the humidity's around 43. Both little red vents are open. I NEED THESE EGGS TO HATCH! Literally, pass/fail my year if they don't. Not just the class, the whole stinkin' year.

2. rikku_03

rikku_03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    Anchorage
    It would be my first time hatching eggs that are actually fertile lol [​IMG]

3. FrizzleFreak

[​IMG]
    Okay, got the temp down-to like 93!!! [​IMG] LG's are SO sensitive! Also, I put the eggs in pointy side down. Is that right? I didn't find any references to it...

4. FrizzleFreak

Kay, back up to 99...I'm not gonna get any sleep tonight!

5. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    pointy end down, temp for still air 101, humidty 30 to 40% for days 1-18, turn eggs five times aday if not in turner on day 18 after moring turn stop turning them and bring humidty up to 45-55% till all eggs have hatched. and candle eggs on days 14 and 18. and when eggs hatch do not open the bator till all eggs have hatched. and when you add water, add warm and add though the vent hole ( use a straw and a turkey stringe) william and i love my LG's

6. FrizzleFreak

Thank you, temp is stable now. It's on a automatic turner, so I don't actually know how many times a day it's being turned! How do I turn off the turner? Just unplug it?

7. killer

killer Chillin' With My Peeps

after day 18 take turner out of bator and lay eggs on their side or put them in a flat to hatch.

8. FrizzleFreak

Thank you!! Oh yeah, if the chick tried to hatch out the side in the turner...gotcha! Got up WAY too early this morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by