Okay, now someone is just screwing with me... picture.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SterlingAcres, Dec 5, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Okay, yesterday I got my first eggs from the started pullets I bought this week. They were both a beautiful mint green color. This morning, DH pulled out a khaki green egg and just now I picked up a tiny pale BLUE egg... Did someone else start laying over night or are they changing shell colors? What the heck...

[​IMG]
    Mint green- yesterdays
    Khaki- this mornings
    Blue- this afternoons

2. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Those are some beautiful egg colors!

Don't know about who's laying. I think another one started laying. I had 5 girls laying dark brown with speckles & then all of a sudden one started laying a very pretty dark creamy colored one. That made six eggs so it was another hen laying.

Just my opinion....I guess you will have to see what the next week brings. [​IMG] Good luck! Fun isn't it? [​IMG]

3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    IDK, but they sure are pretty!!! I only have one EE hen and all her eggs have been the same color.

4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh yeah, it's fun! I love the colors, I really really do. I need more EEs. [​IMG]

But I've heard the 'egg squawk' from my grandfathers hens. These ladies are sitting RIGHT next to me on the porch outside the window by the computer and I didn't hear a PEEP. The blue egg was still warm when I picked it up. It wasn't there 5 minutes earlier when I'd looked outside. They're screwing with me, I know they are. [​IMG]

5. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    How many pullets do you have? If you've got 3 or more, it could be they're all laying, just not daily yet. I've got a bunch that have recently started, and I get all colors of greens, browns and a pink-- but not the same every day.

6. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've got 5 pullets and 1 roo in the quarantine pen. But 3 pullets don't look old enough to be laying yet. Crookshanks and Bellatrix have nice red combs, the other pullets don't have anything and they're pink.

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Nice colored eggs, hope my 17 week old EE's lay eggs like that someday.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I'm thinking you have three eggs from three hens there.....

9. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Hmm.... Well, then I guess maybe I should be on the lookout for my flock of buff orps too. They are MUCH redder than three of these new pullets. [​IMG]

10. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Quote:Ditto... except my EE's are 20 weeks.

Congrats on the beautiful eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by