Okay, Rebels, we Yankees need you now.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by joebryant, Dec 12, 2010.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

New coops are many folks' favorite posts to read. For me, that's especially true if they're being done with pallets.
    It ain'ta gonna be happening here in the North for several more months, so Y'ALL are gonna hafta keep us entertained.
    Let's see watchyer doin' or hear watchyer plannin'.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    psst... Joe.... you do know it's snowing for a bunch of us down here, right?

3. joebryant

Quote:"That too will pass."

4. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Gosh, it's too cold to build new coops right now even here in the south. But I've got a coop door I made out of pallets I can post a picture of if you start having "Pallet coop" shakes.

[​IMG]

5. joebryant

Quote:Sounds good; let's see it.

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Last week I made these~
    A new brooder, because it seems being a hatchaholic is catching and my husband has a serious problem with that and the ebay hatching eggs section.
    [​IMG]

And this for my call ducks we picked up at the Victorville poultry show. All of my coops are made with discarded wooden shipping crates from DH's work. The bottom part of this enclosure is the sides of the shipping crates we used to make out laying flock coop.
    [​IMG]

That's just what I made last week. I am also working on a few more of these for our breeding groups
    [​IMG]

Not from pallets, but mostly recycled materials.

7. aprhardy

aprhardy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Floyd Va
    See I live in the southern part of VA, and I've been begging my BF to start working on our coop in the basement this winter and then once this spring rolls around we can take it outside, set it up, and move the chicks in. He wants to wait till spring to build it, me, I am just NOT that patient. If we could get construction underway then we could supply you with some pictures.

8. joebryant

Quote:Super nice jobs with shipping crates, and seriously, that's one of the nicest brooders that I've ever seen.

9. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Thanks! DH gave me new tools for Christmas, I'm just trying to put them to good use.

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Ok, don't have the picture I was looking for on this computer, but here is one of the interior wall of the cochin bantam coop. It's made mainly of old oak shipping crate lumber. I'll try and find the door one tomorrow or take another one.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by