Kurtistown, Hawaii
This is (hopefully) my final decision. They are all bantam cochins:

1 white frizzle
1 red frizzle
2 red
4 silver-laced
4 white
4 blue

I am limiting myself to 16, because I was originally only going to get 10...then 12...then 14....

So my question is, should I drop the flat-feathered reds and add two more to the white or the SL? I would actually like for both frizzles to be roos, so that's why I'm only getting one of each. I want to have at least one hen and one rooster of the blue, white, and SL, so I am not entirely sure if 4 of each is adequate.

Well I would add more to the breeds. reds are nice looking birds but just 2 will not do. Good luck with your shipment and hopw you can figure out what to do!

Yes, that's what I'm thinking now. So I think I've *finally* decided.

1 black frizzle
5 blue
1 white frizzle
5 white
5 SL

Does that seem like a better number per variety?

17???
gig.gif
Haha. make it 20:lau I am sorry. thats what your going to end up with here before long haha. thoses are good munbers but I honestly would get at least 3 of each breed for breeding purpouses. But thats just me. But what you have is good numbers though. I beliueve taht I would just keep. Good Luck:thumbsup

Yah I've heard it all before. I went to the fed store yesterday and came home with double the intended number.
DH was so supportive though... He said Well @ least it wasn't 25. IS'NT THIS FUN!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
You cannot imagine how your comment is really strengthening my self control
barnie.gif

20 is beginning to make logical sense, and things can get dangerous when that happens. I am only getting one of each frizzle because I want to breed frizzles, not frazzles, but 6 of the other three varieties seems to be a better choice...although I'd be paying about $70 instead of $60...but I can always sell the extra roosters, right?
big_smile.png

And, I do love more chickies more than fewer chickies
wee.gif

I knew it haha. Sorry about your self control. Aint it fun though? haha. So sorry but make it 25.
lau.gif
HAHAHAHAHA. I am just joking. I am shutting up. Your liable to come through this here computer and slap me silly. But honeslty 20 sounds good. You could easily sell them roosters for the right price. Easily. Just put them on craigslist and your done. Good luck with what you do!

P.S. make it 25 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH You know you want to.

Last edited:
NO! I SHALL exhibit self-control; you cannot stop me! But yes, I think I'll make it twenty...the only thing I have to do now is convince my parents that 6 more chicks is not really that much, that I already have a coop and adequate funding, and that I really will be able to sell the excess roosters....

Yes, it is fun, but on the other hand, naming 20 chicks is a daunting task (because I name everything) and then I have to get rid of the roosters, and I am horribly prone to becoming attached to roosters. But, I suppose I can always keep my favorites
clap.gif

And thanks for your help (although I am no so sure that causing an innocent BYCer to add 3 chicks to their order really fits into the category of "help")
gig.gif

Order some White Crested Blue Polish while you are at it, you won't regret it. Just get an even 25.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I already have a standard white-crested black polish roo, and if I had to order more polish, I would go for the buff-laced polish. Do you like the white-crested blue polish? It is fortunate that Ideal is sold out of almost everything except bantams, otherwise I would have gone for the polish...and the standard cochins...and, if they actually had salmon faverolles, it would be all over. I am sticking with 20.

Back
Top Bottom