1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Okay so tell me again why I shouldn't get Java

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by wannabchick, May 1, 2011.

1. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I just saw some..and well, I want them..lol

But tell me why again I shouldn't..

Thank u
    Xoxox

2. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    I think they take allot of care, they look pretty but they have a wild look to me...

3. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    C&Rman :

I think they take allot of care, they look pretty but they have a wild look to me...

Oh yeah that's right..they take heat..that's what it was..I needed a real quick swift reminder..so I would stop drooling when I see their photos..hehhe

Mmmn..I just got 4 more chicks (chickens)?today..and I was mad at myself for doing that..hehehe..lol
    Xoxox​

4. SunBaked

SunBaked Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Southwest
    Hehe, they are pretty, I'm having a hard time remembering why you shouldn't get one........ I'd love a Palawan Peacock-Pheasant. Looking at the price though I don't think I see one in my future [​IMG].

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

deleted

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  6. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:I see on eBay..all the time 7/8 green etc..I can only assume that doesn't mean all pure..but does that still need heat too
    And are they aggressive?

I thought more java in them the more aggressive and attacks..true? Not true?

Thank u

Xoxoxo

7. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:I know..I know..I look at them too..but..until I find one that iam so in love with..iam not paying that price
    Xoxoxox

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

deleted

9. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:I see on eBay..all the time 7/8 green etc..I can only assume that doesn't mean all pure..but does that still need heat too
    And are they aggressive?

I thought more java in them the more aggressive and attacks..true? Not true?

Thank u

Xoxoxo

We have 7/8th Spaulding and they have done just fine here in Eastern, NC for coming up on 4 years now. No heat in the winter and they roost outside under a roof. They have access to a house but don't use it. From what people have told me even a higher % Spaulding than 7/8 can handle cold.

They are more flighty than other pea's. We raised ours from chicks and they are still flighty. We have some eggs in the 'bator now from ours, it will be interesting to see how flighty they are. Ours have never shown any agression to us or other birds

Steve

Thank u Steve, I really appreciate your input

Xoxoox

10. Steve_of_sandspoultry

deleted

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by