Okay What would your DH do?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by herefordlovinglady, Jan 16, 2010.

1. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    This morning I hear DH getting ready to head to the farm..then I hear S**T and the door slams. So I go to get ready to go feed and take care of the animals here at home and I walk into the laundry room and see a full bag of cat food spilled all over the floor, i mean full as in dumped the last of the other bag in, full to rim full. So I say S**T and then proceed to clean it up.

I was just curious at the other DH's out there...What would yours done? [​IMG]

2. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    There are days when mine (being the clean freak he is) would of cleaned it up every stinking crumb, he would of then vacced' it up and mopped the floor. BUT there are days when he would be tired from working as a diesel mechanic all night long and been to dang tired to even think about cleaning up cat food and cursed and left it for me to clean, even coming in the bedroom and telling me to clean it up! lol I swear he is sometimes Jekyl/hyde lol

3. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    My DH knows better than to leave crap laying around... If you cause it or if you find it, you clean it!

Gotta train 'em right [​IMG]

4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Speakiing as a DH, I would have scoop most of it(I will think I got it all) back into the bag, then DW will come behind me and say WHY didnt you clean this all the way up. I of course will continue to go wherever it was I was heading in the first place, pretending not to hear DW, easier to let her vent then argue about it.

5. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Mine would have done the same thing...though I see it going like this..."S**t, I just dumped the cat food!" "Where's the broom, where's the dust pan?" (he never uses these items and has no idea where they are). Then I would hear him making a bigger mess and I would go in and clean [​IMG]

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    MomtoSyd&Emma :

There are days when mine (being the clean freak he is) would of cleaned it up every stinking crumb, he would of then vacced' it up and mopped the floor. BUT there are days when he would be tired from working as a diesel mechanic all night long and been to dang tired to even think about cleaning up cat food and cursed and left it for me to clean, even coming in the bedroom and telling me to clean it up! lol I swear he is sometimes Jekyl/hyde lol

The OP said it was morning and he was just starting, If I had just came home from working all day (usually 12-14 hours) I probably would have told one of the kids to clean it up it not my GD cat anyway,so why should I have to clean up after it. [​IMG]

The answer is different for each day of the week, and time of the day. [​IMG]

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Thanks y'all. It is interesting getting input on how people react differently. Have a great day and if there is sunshine anywhere, enjoy it.

8. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Quote:Ditto LOL

Why is it that some times we know we do a half sss job of something but move right along anyway. Normally we know full well the unpleasant consequences

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  9. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

(sigh) Greg would sweep up the cat food and anything else that was on the floor. He would then completely re-organize the laundry room and fix up some nifty-cool catfood dispenser so that a mess could never again happen OR he'd move the catfood to some place no one could find but that he KNOWS will be more convenient for everyone but won't result in messes.

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:[​IMG] otherwise he would pay!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by