Okay, You Asked For It... Now I Need Some Ideas!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Laurajean, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Okay, I've had a lot of people (BYCers and others) suggest to me that I should write a book or start a blog based on my crazy stories of my small town life and other random topics. Writing a book is a bit more than I'm up for at this time, but I decided it would be fun to start a website, and/or a blog of sorts. That way I can tell my stories freely, without having to censor myself, and I think it would be a fun hobby since I love to write.

So now I'm hoping some of you can help me come up with domain name ideas! I own a domain now, but it's my real name, and I'd prefer not to use my real name since a lot of my stories involve people I know, etc., and just to protect my identity in general.

The main theme of the website and/or blog will be my small town life and the crazy things that's happened and continue to happen since moving here. But I'd also like to expand on that and plan to include topics such as raising livestock, how I manage living alone as a disabled woman in the woods, living self sufficiently, nature, and general thoughts and lessons that I learn in life as I go. Most of this will have an emphasis on humor, but serious topics as well.

I thought of something like "MySmallTownLife.com" for example, but it's taken. I'd like it to be general enough where I can change topics periodically, while still having a fitting domain name. I would love any suggestions!
    [​IMG]

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Rural Life in New Hampshire.

3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    JustASmallTownGal.com?

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Your sig line would be perfect. [​IMG]

5. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I thought of that, but that's LONG. I did think of TheIrrationalLauraJean.com....

6. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

There's only one that will work!

You guessed it... The Emancipation of the Irrational LauraJean...

And by the way.. How in tarnation are you gonna get any stalkers if you don't use your own name?

I wanna be a stalker. [​IMG]

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    That would work too. [​IMG]

8. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:ooh, I like that line of thought.... RuralLifeInNH.com is available....

9. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I know, I like that too, but it's so long for a domain. [​IMG] Jerseygirl1 thought that up by the way, originally. Gotta give credit where credit's due.

(You can always cyber-stalk me....)

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Quote:I know, I like that too, but it's so long for a domain. [​IMG] Jerseygirl1 thought that up by the way, originally. Gotta give credit where credit's due.

(You can always cyber-stalk me....)

eah, but then you'd just ignore me.... sorta like my wife. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by