Okcarla has beautiful turken eggs!!***update & Pics***

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by patyrdz, Apr 30, 2009.

1. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I just got the Turken eggs I bought from okcarla, and they are beautiful! I have never felt the need to take a picture of eggs I bought, until these!![​IMG] Plus check out the packing job!! Amazing.... these eggs weren't going to move an inch!! [​IMG] I can't wait for the hatch![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

They are pretty! I can't wait to see the pics of the babies!

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:I can't wait either! This is going to be a long 21 days! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have some of Carla's Cuckoo Marans eggs in the incubator right this moment, and I have hatched Spitzhauben eggs from her before. She is definitely an A+ egg seller [​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep she packes her eggs very well and I had a good hatching rate from her as well!

Must be some magic formula for those eggs to be that fertile to survive the abuse of the PO!

6. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:That packing was amazing!! An Atomic bomb could not break them!![​IMG] I want some magic formula too!!!

7. okcarla

okcarla Seriously Downsizing (NOT)

Feb 12, 2008
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Thank you for the praise! You've made my day!!!![​IMG]

Actually, my husband is the EGG MAN ... he does everything with the eggs (collecting and sorting, etc.) and does the awesome packing job that he came up with after trial and error. I just do the fun & easy stuff ... selling the eggs to others on BYC, printing the mailing labels and boxing the "bricks" of eggs. We've been taking boxes of eggs to the Oklahoma City Airport Post Office daily for quite a while now, on our way to work. We're blessed to have good birds, a close airport post office, and we've learned a lot thru the past 2 years by reading what people post on BYC. We've really learned a lot! We couldn't have done it without the BYC forum and all the great people here!

Thanks again everyone!

8. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thank you eggman! That needs to be his profile name!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

9. okcarla

okcarla Seriously Downsizing (NOT)

Feb 12, 2008
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Quote:I agree! I should have him join & see if that name is available! He'd probably like it.

10. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    They are hatching!!!!! They are so cute, I love them![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by