Okie chickens

gwhite1597

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2016
Indianola, Ok
Hi, I'm Gabby! I'm a college student at SOSU in Durant, OK. Back home I help my parents raise chickens and take care of our humble little chicken farm (aka our backyard). We've only been at this for about a year or so now but we've definitely grown a lot. We started out with three hens and now have four hens, a rooster and around 30 babies that we've hatched and raised. Not to forget the two bantam hens and their rooster and 10 babies. And we hatched our very first stizzle chicken! The only babies that we didn't hatch via incubator where five of the bantams. Their mamas hatched them all on their own. I can't wait to learn more about taking care of them and have some of my questions answered.

Hello there Gabby and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a wonderful flock! And congrats on the hatch too. Hatching is so rewarding and fun.

You have certainly come to the right place for all the fun and learning. So have a look around the forums and make yourself at home here. If you do have any questions, feel free to ask.

So pull up a roost bar Gabby and welcome to our flock! :)

Hi Gabby and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard. Good to hear that chicken maths is alive and kicking
smile.png

All the best
CT

[/IMG]Thanks for all the warm welcomes! And I just got a new phone so I don't have a ton of pics but I'll post what I do have!

Last edited:

This is our big bad rooster, Roho. If me or my aunt so much as walk into our backyard he tries to flog us. Now he's scared of my uncle. But we have what we call a whoopin stick and carry it with us. We've already cut his Spurs off but he's still mean and needs to be reminded with a few gentle nudges whose the boss lol

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Sounds like you have a wonderful flock growing there!

Back
Top Bottom