Okiehen BSL

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mhuckaby51, Sep 16, 2009.

1. mhuckaby51

mhuckaby51 New Egg

Not sure this is the right place to post and if not please forgive me and direct me to the right place.
    Took eggs out of turner on day 18 and noticed pips. Next morning five eggs were hatched. Today I have a total of 13 hatched and one trying. Not sure why the early hatch but all seem to be doing just fine. I hope the pictures are clear, I tried. Thanks Okiehen for the eggs. Welsummer roo and Barred rock hen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    The pictures didnt show up only red x.

3. mhuckaby51

mhuckaby51 New Egg

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Not sure this will work either. Hope so. They are actually cute little chicks.

4. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Looking good, they look just like my last hatch. You got a few roosters and lots of pullets. [​IMG]
    You did great congrats on your hatch enjoy the cuteness.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Your temp was about 1 degree to high. Your thermometer may be off by about that much.

6. mhuckaby51

mhuckaby51 New Egg

Thanks for the info on the temp and I was wondering if that could be. The only thing is I had three thermometers in the bator. On of those egg mass type themos and one analog and one with digital temp and humidity on it. I kept the temp as close to 99.5 as posssible, usually within 1 degree. I know it is possible but can't imagine all being that far off. I will try to hold the temp down by a degree next time and see.. They all seem to be healty babies so far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by