Okies - Lots of Birds for Sale! *update

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by countyroad1330, Jan 13, 2008.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    100 rare poultry Banties Doves & Pigeons $5-$35 405-273-5972

2 pair of Silkies white with gray splash. $16 per pair, 361-4952

20 young muskovy ducks fancy colors $12ea. 1 pot belly pig $50 823-7848

These ads are in today's paper. I called the guy in the first ad. He is 4 miles east of Shawnee, and is having to sell everything. I wrote down everything I could, and only asked prices on what I was interested in. They're a bit pricey for me, but they are almost all SQ. He said that if you come to look at the birds he will negotiate.

Standard:
    Ameraucanas
    Orloffs
    Silver Spitzhauben
    Silver Polish

Bantam:
    Black, BR, Blue, and Brassyback OE
    Barred Rocks
    Silkies (bearded and some showgirls)
    Araucana (mostly rumpless)
    Silver Sebright
    Mille Fleurs $60/pair
    Black Rosecombs $35 & $50 for roos, $20 & $25 for hens
    Black Hamburgs

Ducks:
    Grey Calls $35/each
    Black East Indies
    Black Swedish hen, crested
    Wood Ducks $85/pair
    Australian Green

Doves:
    Tangerine Pearl
    Diamond

4 Rabbits, does are bred to Lion Heads

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I need a bigger coop and another coop and NOW another coop............ what are you trying to get country? I would love some more showgirls...maybe some banties of my own.....

3. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Would you post pictures of the bantam barred rocks for me? THANKS!

4. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Silkie - They aren't my birds, they belong to a man in OK. His phone number is the first one listed in my post. I haven't seen any of them.

Okie - I'm really wanting Ameraucanas, Mille Fleur d'Uccles, Black Rosecombs, and maybe some ducks. But his are all very expensive, I think I'm going to just find hatching eggs.

5. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Thanks for the clarification, do you know if he has an email? I just saw that someone had br bantams and got so excited that I didn't read the whole post [​IMG]

6. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Hey you're fine, I do it all the time. *haha* I don't believe he has an e-mail, or a website. I believe he is elderly, and is having a hip replacement soon. That's why he is selling all of his animals. [​IMG] You could just call him, tell him a friend told you what he had, and ask whatever you want to know about the BR's. Good luck! [​IMG]

7. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I e-mailed the person on Craigslist to ask about their Silkies and Polish. They've got white, patridge, red, blue, and black Silkies (mostly roos) hatched from show stock. And 10 or 11 Black Crested White Polish, mostly hens, they're wanting $50 for all. They also have Brabanter and Jersey Giant, but I'm not sure what all they're selling. Here's the link that Okiechick57 already posted somewhere:

Craigslist Chickens

8. okiechick57

Hey country.....wanna split it with me?uh uh huh? come one.we NEED more ! she emailed me too.............too tempting uh.........

9. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    And Tuttle is so close to both of us... AAHH!? Its so hard, finding the ones so close that aren't on my list... I think I'm holding out for ducks now. *ha* I might take one or two birds from her... *sigh*

10. okiechick57

ah....come on.........its not that far.....I will pick up.you meet me closer to you? help.I need help [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by