OKlahoma Chickenstock?

okiechick57

Crowing
14 Years
May 22, 2007
Just outside Okc Oklahoma
sad.png
I know I know. I have heard ALL my days.how behind Oklahoma is....I am not from here.........I have lived hear long enough to call it home.............can't find chickenstock anywhere...........wonder if I could get one going?how does that work? CALLING ALL OKIES

yippiechickie.gif

Someone .......anyone.........should organize one for this summer..........who is good at that kind of thing? I have very little memory so I am so not the one............wouldn't it be fun though
big_smile.png

hey Egh is that a bb red in your avitar?
we just got a pair last night at chicken auction...not too sure about them yet...they seem sooo small!!!
I was hoping to hatch some, though, once they start laying....

Do you let them free range? I have about 30 is standard size chickens and was wondering if I could let the BB's out in the population? Also will the male mate with the larger females?
hmm.png

Since I have enough room, I guess I will be building some pens....thanks for the info....do the bb's eat anything special or will layer pellets & corn work....

Oh man! I wish I had a way to incubate them!:(Will you be selling any chicks later? I would be very interested! I'm in the Tulsa/Bixby area, but am willing to drive a little ways to pick up.

Also, I would love to have a meet-up. Right now, I have nothing, but it is always nice to meet like-minded people! My DH thinks it's insane when I show him pics on here and say, "Isn't that GORGEOUS??" He just rolls his eyes.
roll.png
At least my mom understands! She used to raise and show chickens.

Shelly

Last edited:
Quote:
sred98,
it looks like i will be adding some birds to my little flock real soon so i will be trying to hatch off alot of peeps this spring......i should has some available. i am just south of Bixby in Hectorville. yf egh

Great! My back fence is actually the Wagoner County line, and we have Okmulgee Water and Electric, so we're neighbors! I would much prefer to buy local than mail order. Let me know when you've got some babies ready! I am finishing my coop up and have the brooder ready!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom