1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oklahoma Home defense !

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicknJ, Dec 10, 2009.

1. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    Holy wow, I have missed the news for a few days.. work work work, I turn on Fox news and catch wind of the woman in OK that had to shoot and kill an intruder. I heard the 911 tape the news was playing, but knowing the media, I went and found the un-redacted version and it is more bone chilling than one could imagine. I had tears pouring down my face listening to this woman's terror, and only hope if I was in her position I could be so calm and effective. She's a goat lady, so on the off chance she has ever come here, let's send her all our love and support. God bless Donna Jackson [​IMG]

This is the un-redacted version, it is quite long, she was on the phone with 911 for over 30 minutes.....

http://newsok.com/homeowner-shoots-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422809

2. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    Wow! Brave lady.
    She did what she had to do. She had no choice.
    Hopefully she is strong enough to accept it.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    That was so horrible. I was crying listening to it. I dont even know what to say..
    that poor lady , she kept praying because she killed him. I cant even imagine.. [​IMG]

4. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    no, I can't imagine it either... my heart aches for her. BUT... she is here to tell it, not just another senseless death. My son (LEO) had a cow about my little pea shooter and now I see why, If you are going to have a firearm, have a reliable one and know how to use it safely.

I am getting my carry conceal for Florida for christmas... It's That important

5. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:x2

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    it's something that nobody ever wants to do, let alone be put in that situation.. but it's the reason that folks are armed now a days. LEO's have my utmost respect so don't misinterpret my words here, but they are a reactionary force. In that first 10-15 minutes before they show up you're on your own, and you do what you have to do to stay alive.

7. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Hugs to that lady. I've not yet listened to the tape, DS told me about it this morning. Guess I really need to upgrade from the "Louisville Slugger" (an aluminum baseball bat left by mailbox mashers, but that's another story), a paintball gun, and an overly affectionate cat. 'specially since the swat team raided the house next door two days ago. Yikes. I've so got the willies, I am afraid to listen to the recording

8. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    i want to know why it took almost 1/2 hour for them to get there.. kind of makes you think they aren't going to be much help!. my son in law is a sherrif i hope he moves faster than they do

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:I live "far out" from town and any response can and does take 30 to 60 minutes depending upon where officers are. But even knowing that - in an emergency 1 minute seems like 10 - my heart goes out to her.

10. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I saw that on the news.Makes me think a lot about how secure(or not) my home is against a home invasion,and what I would do to protect my kiddos.

That woman had to do what was done.I hope they don't charge her with any crime even if the person was drunk or high or whatever.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by